Delivering fast installation and trusted reliability, this lowered floor kit converts a RWD and AWD Mercedes Vito to a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) or Taxi.
The Mobility Networks lowered floor solutions for WAVs fit seamlessly with OEM interiors and deliver fast and straightforward installation. Once installed they provide a tailgate ramp and floor for wheelchair passengers to access a vehicle from the rear. Each conversion kit can be supplied with optional quality wheelchair tie-down retractors so fast and safe securement is assured.
Significant time and cost savings are now available to accessible vehicle convertors through specification of this Mercedes Vito floor kit. Expensive in-house tooling and extensive labour costs are reduced as these pre-engineered floor and ramp solutions can be slotted into an adapted vehicle efficiently. This ultimately delivers an improved turnaround time and level of service for end users.
Each lowered floor is supplied with a lightweight long ramp that folds for vertical storage and uncompromised rear visibility.
A Vito converted with a Mobility Networks kit can provide outstanding seating flexibility. The OEM seating can be reconfigured in a variety of positions to accommodate a wheelchair occupant or up to 8 passengers if extra folding seats are added to the LWB Vito.
The rear space to position a wheelchair is impressive, 123.5x85cm, so securing tie-downs is restriction-free. There is also ample headroom for the wheelchair occupant when positioned on the lowered floor – 141 cm.
The wheelchair tie-downs meet all current European safety standards and are crash tested to exceed the requirements of ISO 10542. They are simple-to-use and are accompanied by a 3-point safety belt system that secures the wheelchair occupant.
From an external aesthetics point of view, the use of a lowered wheelchair accessible floor can be completely concealed by retention of the original bumper. The central section of the bumper is attached to the tailgate resulting in minimal visual difference between an accessible vehicle and a standard Vito.
Mobility Networks can provide comprehensive training for convertors in regards to fitting of its Vito floor kit along with all relevant technical specifications and drawings.
Mobility Networks also provides lowered floor conversion kits for the latest Citroën Berlingo, Ford Connect, Mercedes Benz Citan, Peugeot Partner and VW Caddy.
- Fast and simple installation
- Quality finish with seamless OEM integration
- Reliable components that conform to all current safety standards
- Spacious, easy access for wheelchair passengers and attendants
- Efficient ordering and delivery
- Comprehensive training for conversion company engineers
- 3D CAD illustrations available for support during vehicle design process
- Efficient installation by Mobility Networks’ engineers available in certain regions – details available on request
- Lowered vehicle floor and manual ramp
- Highly versatile rear seating configurations for maximum flexibility - up to 8 people
- Suitable for rear-wheel-drive and all-wheel drive Vitos
- 300kg SWL
- Coated aluminium ramp with anti-skid surface
- Anti-skid vehicle floor
- Integrated, retractable wheelchair restraint system with adequate belt length for passenger securement prior to boarding (optional)
- Optional wheelchair tie-downs and passenger restraints exceed ISO 10542 safety standards